The Absorbica line of lanyards are used when there is a fall hazard andf are connected to the sternal or dorsal attachment point on the harness. The integrated absorber provides energy absorption in a fall and thus limits the impact froce on the user.
- Progressive energy absorption adapted to the user's weight
- In case of a fall, the tearing of the energy absorber webbing limits the impact force on the user. The lanyards are designed for users who weigh between 50 and 130 kg. The progressive tearing of the webbing reduces the decelearation on lightweight users.
- Compact and abrasion resistant energy absorber
- The energy absorber is very compact to avoid hindering the user's movements, or interfering with handling. A durable fabric pouch helps protect the energy absorber from abrasion and potential contaminants.
- Different connectors depending on the type of structure
- MGO Open large-opening connectors
- Lanyards without connectors can be equipped with MGO OPEN auto-locking connectors for connection to metal structures or to large-diameter cables and bars. These connectors can be re-used if the lanyard is damaged.
- MGO large-opening connectors
- Lanyards equipped with MGO connectors allow for connection to metal structures or to large-diameter cables and bars.
- Classic connectors
- The Absorbica-I and Absorbica-Y lanyards can also be equipped with classic aluminum OK and Am'D connectors, or captive steel versions. They enable connection to lifelines or to single anchor points.
- Choosing your ABSORBICA lanyard
- Single lanyards designed particularly for protection on a horizontal lifeline or on an elevated platform.
- Lanyard with two arms allow for continuous protection when passing an intermediate anchor, by successively detaching and re-attaching the two arms
- Absorbica-Y Tie-Back
- Double lanyards with integrated intermediate tie-back rings and energy absorber, captive carabiner and MGO connectors.